2021 Scholarship Application is available!
The CMH Foundation Healthcare Scholarship Program was established to provide scholarships to assist students pursuing a healthcare career. The program supports students who are preparing for careers in the following areas: nursing, respiratory care, radiology, laboratory services, physical, occupational, or speech therapy, pre-med, medical assisting, pharmacy, and health information management. From 2001-2012, the Foundation has provided more than $50,000 in scholarship funding for students pursuing careers in the health care industry.
There are up to eight $500 scholarships available. For more information on the scholarship, please see the scholarship brochure.
Below are the general guidelines for the scholarship program. These guidelines are reviewed annually, and may be changed at the discretion of the Foundation board of directors. Please review the Scholarship Brochure and Application for the most current guidelines.
Eligibility & Application Process:
Applicants shall be accepted by an accredited college or university and be accepted into a healthcare program.
Applicants shall submit the following items to the Scholarship Committee of the CMH Foundation.
Completed scholarship application.
Two letters of recommendation. (For high school students or recent graduate, one letter shall be from a guidance counselor or high school teacher.)
Letter of acceptance to a healthcare program.
An essay describing why the applicant is entering into his/her chosen profession.
Criteria, Deadlines, & Notification:
- Applicants are evaluated based on their field of study, GPA, the essay, and the letters of reference.
- Application deadline is in March of each year.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by mail or receive their award at their school awards assembly (if applicable).
- Winners will be asked to visit CMH for a short video on what winning the scholarship means for the student.
- Applications may be obtained at HS guidance offices, by calling 419-542-5696, or online at www.cmhosp.com.
If you have additional questions about the CMH Foundation Scholarship Program, please contact:
Community Memorial Hospital
208 Columbus Street
Hicksville, OH 43526