Our Swing Bed Transitional Care Program allows for skilled, short-term rehabilitative services where patients convalesce in a comfortable, friendly, caring atmosphere close to home and loved ones.
Our caring, professional staff of physicians, nurses, therapists, radiology, and lab technologists are focused on placing the needs and comfort of our patients in the forefront.
This interdisciplinary care team meets weekly to address each patient's needs, while creating realistic goals that are met through the use of therapeutic exercise, modalities, manual therapy techniques, and patient and family education. Whether recovering from a stroke or adapting to physical limitation following an injury or surgery, our team is dedicated to working with each patient to achieve his/her highest level of independence.
What are some common diagnoses treated in the Swing Bed Program?
- Orthopedic Injuries (hip/knee replacements, fractures, post surgical procedures, etc.)
- Neurological Disorders (stroke, Parkinson's disease, etc.)
- Generalized weakness due to diagnoses such as congestive heart failure (CHF) or pneumonia
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Back Injuries
- Gait Abnormalities
- Chronic Disorders (fibromyalgia, arthritis)
- Cognitive Deficits (traumatic brain injury, developmental deficits)
How do I get more information?
For more information about our Swing Bed Program, please call 419-542-5573.