Community Memorial Hospital’s Wound Healing Specialist offers chronic wound care management in an outpatient setting.
The Wound Healing Center at Community Memorial Hospital uses a unique multidisciplinary approach to wound healing and provides complete wound care services to those suffering from diabetic ulcers, pressure ulcers, infections, compromised skin grafts and flaps, as well as slow-healing wounds.
Our expert provider and nurses will follow you through your entire course of care. The treatment plan will be specialized just for you and your progress will be evaluated by our staff together with your personal provider.
Our services offer a comprehensive range of treatments so you know you are getting the most advanced care for your wound.
When should you seek treatment for a wound:
- You have a wound that has shown no improvement
- You have a wound with increasing pain, swelling, odor or a change in color
Your physician can refer you for an appointment or you can make an appointment yourself by calling 419-542-6692. No referral is needed.
Starting the Healing Process
- Before beginning your treatment, our team will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history.
- Tests may be conducted to help determine your blood flow and tissue oxygenation and to determine if you have an infection.
- Staff will work with you and your physician to help develop a treatment plan based on your special needs.
- You will continue to see your primary care physician for medical issues not involving your wound.
Types of Wounds Treated
The Wound Healing Services at Community Memorial Hospital is equipped to deal with many different types of wounds, including:
- Diabetic wounds
- Slow healing wounds (wounds that have not shown improvement in four weeks)
- Certain bone and skin infections
- Radiation injuries
- Compromised skin grafts or flaps
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Chronic wounds
- Venous and arterial wounds
- Pressure ulcers
For more information, call 419-542-6692.
YOU DO NOT NEED A REFERAL FROM A MEDICAL PROVIDER TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 3:30pm