In addition to the traditional ultrasound that may be ordered by your physician for prenatal care, we also offer elective 3D/4D ultrasounds. A 3D/4D ultrasound offers a one-of-a-kind bonding experience with your unborn baby. It does not take the place of a diagnostic ultrasound that is ordered by your physician. It simply provides you with a unique opportunity to have some realistic “first time” images of your unborn baby. Gift certificates are available - makes a wonderful baby shower gift!
- 3D/4D ultrasound is not covered by insurance. Payment is due at the time of service.
- Best results are achieved from 27 to 32 weeks gestation.
- No physician referral necessary, however, you must have had a complete second trimester ultrasound completed prior to the 3D/4D ultrasound.
- Family and friends are welcome to be present to share the experience.
- Call 419-542-5582 to schedule your appointment.
3D/4D Ultrasound Pricing
|Package A:||30 minute ultrasound session, CD with 10-15 images, and 1-2 color photos. $100|
|Package B:||20 minute ultrasound session and 1-2 color photos. $50|
Is it safe?
Many diagnostic ultrasounds are performed annually throughout the United States and over 30 years of studies have shown no harm to baby or mother. 3D/4D ultrasound scanning uses exactly the same type of ultrasound as conventional studies and is very similar to having a diagnostic scan.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes, appointments are necessary to allow adequate time to view the baby. Call 419-542-5582 to schedule.
What can I do to get the best possible ultrasound pictures?
- Allow 30 – 40 minutes for the scan.
- Schedule your appointment between 27 and 32 weeks.
- Stay well hydrated. Drink the recommended daily allowance of water for at least 7 days prior to your scheduled ultrasound. You do NOT need to arrive with a full bladder.
- Eating a snack before your appointment may make your baby more active, resulting in better picture views.
Is elective 3D/4D ultrasound covered by my insurance?
3D/4D ultrasound is NOT covered by insurance; payment is due at the time of service.
Are you able to tell the sex of the baby?
In most cases we can provide an indication of the sex of the baby, but we can’t always guarantee that the baby will cooperate during the session.
Can I bring family and friends?
Yes, please limit the number of guests to 4-6 as space is limited.
Call the Radiology Department at Community Memorial Hospital 419-542-5582 for more information or to schedule your personal appointment.