Our occupational therapy program provides treatment to improve a person's independence in all areas of life. Occupational therapy is personalized to help you reach your goals to return to activities of daily living, work, and leisure.
Occupational therapists have specialized training in the fine motor skills of the hands, cognitive therapy, and visual rehabilitation. Our therapists are also experienced at hand therapy and splinting.
The occupational therapy staff can be involved in your care when needed during your inpatient stay or for outpatient therapy. Some of the conditions that can benefit from occupational therapy include:
- Recovery following a Stroke, Brain Injury or Spinal Cord Injury
- Rehabilitation following an Orthopedic Surgery, Joint Replacement, Fracture, or Amputation
- Wheel Chair Assessments and other Mobility Device Evaluations
- Home Safety Assessment needs
- Neurological Conditions such as Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, and Others
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Golfer’s Elbow or Tennis Elbow
- Finger, Hand or Wrist / Injuries
- Custom Splinting
- Visual Rehabilitation for Low Vision caused by Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Neuropathy, Glaucoma, Stroke, Visual Midline Shift
Occupational therapy practitioners have a holistic perspective, in which the focus is on adapting the environment to fit the person, and the person is an integral part of the therapy team. Occupational therapy services may include comprehensive evaluations of the patient’s home, recommendations for adaptive equipment and training in its use, and guidance and education for family members and caregivers.
For more informatio?n about CMH's Occupational Therapy program please call 419-542-5680.